Enjoy the best Asiago Tortellini Bake recipe on the internet with your family tonight. This cheesy bacon filled dish is a crowd pleasing meal to satisfy the entire family.
Below you will find instructions on how to customize this amazing Baked Tortellini.
So it’s my birthday! Not just any birthday, I’m officially thirty. I have mixed emotions about turning thirty, I’m happy and shocked. Shocked for how fast time is going by and happy because I’m blessed to have lived this long. I’m definitely not pouting that I’m older, but currently throwing myself a little pity party because I can’t have the night off to go out and celebrate. Which is unusual for myself, every year enjoying a nice quiet dinner with my family is typically all that my heart desires.
Asiago Tortellini Bake Recipe Below
A luscious creamy sauce, crispy bacon paired with cheesy tortellini is a phenomenal combination.
While surviving being a mommy to two adorable stinkers, that fill my heart with joy and drive me completely bonkers all at once, I’m feeling humbled and thankful to hold them in my arms. The tiredness from being a Mama leaves me thirsty for an evening to myself where I will muster up all the sanity I can, while wearing makeup and jeans like a real person. It could rain, snow, sleet or be shinning so bright that day, but no matter what the weather is like I’m going to enjoy every last minute of my adult time. No screaming or crying for one afternoon will defiantly lift my spirits. Then I can go back home and squeeze my babies so hard like I haven’t seen them in weeks. Recharging myself to be the best mommy I can, until another break is desperately due.
Birthdays are all about favorite things, this Asiago Tortellini Bake is mine and also my families favorite recipe. A yummy combination of garlic, creamy asiago, crispy bacon, grilled chicken and pasta filled with delicious cheese. To make the dish even more perfect top with additional asiago cheese before baking.
How to customize this Baked Tortellini Recipe
You may add or subtract any of these ingredients listed below
- Sun dried tomatoes
Asiago Tortellini Bake
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 22 ounce frozen bag of 365 (whole Foods Brand) organic cheese tortellini (or other favorite brand)
- 2 chicken breast (optional)
- 6–8 bacon slices
- 2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat (can substitute with olive oil or butter)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 3 1/2 cups of freshly grated asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped flat leaf parsley
- Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Split chicken breast lengthwise, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder coating each side of the breast
- Grill chicken on grill or grill pan (I use my Breville Panini Grill)
- Chop chicken into medium bite sized pieces
- In large stock pot boil and salt water for tortellini and cook until al dente
- Cook bacon until crispy and chop into small bite sized pieces
- Sauté garlic in the reserved 2 tablespoons bacon grease for about 1 minute on low heat, being careful not to burn the garlic
- Add the heavy cream and chicken stock bringing to a simmer
- Turn heat very low and slowly add 2 1/2 cups asiago cheese, parsley, pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Stir until cheese is melted
- Combine the chicken, asiago cream sauce and tortellini and then transfer to a 9×9 baking dish or similar size
- Top with remaining 1 cup of asiago cheese
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until sides are bubbling and hot and cheese is melted all over
- Top the Baked Tortellini with crispy bacon and serve!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main Dish
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 674
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 1983.8mg
- Fat: 51.4g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6g
- Protein: 46g
- Cholesterol: 127.3mg
Happy 30th Birthday from a Canadian fan, Whisking Mama! Hope you get a little time out for yourself soon… you’ve earned it! And thank you for the gift that keeps on giving! I just love your recipes… and can’t wait to try this one! Have a spectacular 30th! And remember (from one who is much, much older)… as long as there’s wine in the house, you’re not aging… you’re just marinating! 🙂
Omg Brenda, you just had me totally cracking up in my car! That was too funny! Thank you so much for your kind words, I’m happy to hear your enjoying the recipes as well! 🙂
Happy Belated Birthday Trina!!!! Mine was the 9th, think 30 is rough? Try turning 44. LOL Gravity has not been kind. 😉
Cant wait to try this recipe!. I LOVE, REPEAT LOOOOVE cheese tortellini.
Lol! Thanks! I think your going to love this one! 🙂
Your Recipe for loaded potato soup the link must be broken because it takes you back to home page. Would really love a new recipe. Thank you. I am trying your Pork Tenderloin as we speak.
Michael, hope you enjoy the tenderloin! https://whiskingmama.com/loaded-baked-potato-soup/ Let me know if this works 🙂
Ridiculously good!!! Thanks 😊
This is delicious!!!! I will definitely add this recipe to my rotation.