The only request I can make right now is for time to slow down. Simply wanting more time to live in the moment of these precious days having my last newborn baby. I could cry thinking of how she will be one month in just a couple days and can hardly believe she is not kicking me in my bladder all night anymore! Where does the time go? There are so many daily chores to be done, how can I cherish my children as much as I possibly can.
Well, during these early days of having a new baby around I always turn to large pasta bakes to help ease the stress of not having enough time. This baked chicken pasta dish is the perfect meal all in one pan and would be just delicious along side some homemade garlic breads. In my home this large bake usually lasts a couple of days, freeing up some time for extra snuggles and maybe an extra minute to stand in the shower not moving, staying way too long in water that’s scolding hot. All new moms know how taking a shower quickly becomes a mini vacation that feels way to good to be true when no one barges in with requests.
If your are looking for a new bake to switch up your nightly meals and free up a bit of your next day this is a must try. I prefer to use a rotisserie chicken to make it fast and flavorful without effort, but you could also grill a couple chicken breast if you prefer. Mini pasta in each bite with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, chicken and a bit of fresh chopped parsley. Topped with a crunchy parmesan romano cheese and bread crumb mixture.
Baked Chicken Pasta Dish is one satisfying and delicious meal for the entire family to enjoy!
- 2 cups elbow pasta
- 2.5 tablespoons of olive oil
- All the breast meat from rotisserie chicken or 3 boneless chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Heaping 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
- Heaping 1/3 cup of grated parmesan romano cheese
- 2.5 tablespoons of butter for topping plus more for baking dish
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Take rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast and cut the breast meat into small pieces
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil
- Add pasta and cook until al dente according to package
- Add olive oil to sauté pan over medium heat
- Add onion and garlic cooking for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft
- In large stock pot with drained pasta add the onion and garlic mixture, canned diced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, chopped parsley, salt and pepper and mix to combine
- Place the mixture in a buttered 9×13 inch baking dish
- In a small bowl mix together the parmesan and bread crumb mixture and sprinkle over the entire bake
- Take room temperature butter and drop small dots of it all over the top
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and bubbly
- Category: Main Dish