Baked Chicken Pasta Dish is one satisfying and delicious meal for the entire family to enjoy!
Mini pasta in each bite with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, chicken and a bit of fresh chopped parsley. Topped with a crunchy parmesan romano cheese and bread crumb mixture.
The only request I can make right now is for time to slow down. Simply wanting more time to live in the moment of these precious days having my last newborn baby. I could cry thinking of how she will be one month in just a couple days and can hardly believe she is not kicking me in my bladder all night anymore! Where does the time go? There are so many daily chores to be done, how can I cherish my children as much as I possibly can.
What to make with Baked Chicken Pasta
Well, during these early days of having a new baby around I always turn to large pasta bakes to help ease the stress of not having enough time. This baked chicken pasta dish is the perfect meal all in one pan and is flipping delicious along side homemade garlic breads.
In my home this large bake usually lasts a couple of days, freeing up some time for extra snuggles and maybe an extra minute to stand in the shower not moving, staying way too long in water that’s scolding hot. All new moms know how taking a shower quickly becomes a mini vacation that feels way to good to be true when no one barges in with requests.
If your are looking for a new bake to switch up your nightly meals and free up a bit of your next day this is a must try. I prefer to use a rotisserie chicken to make it fast and flavorful without effort, but you could also grill a couple chicken breast if you prefer.
- 2 cups elbow pasta
- 2.5 tablespoons of olive oil
- All the breast meat from rotisserie chicken or 3 boneless chicken breast
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Heaping 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
- Heaping 1/3 cup of grated parmesan romano cheese
- 2.5 tablespoons of butter for topping plus more for baking dish
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Take rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast and cut the breast meat into small pieces
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil
- Add pasta and cook until al dente according to package
- Add olive oil to sauté pan over medium heat
- Add onion and garlic cooking for about 5 minutes or until onions are soft
- In large stock pot with drained pasta add the onion and garlic mixture, canned diced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, chopped parsley, salt and pepper and mix to combine
- Place the mixture in a buttered 9×13 inch baking dish
- In a small bowl mix together the parmesan and bread crumb mixture and sprinkle over the entire bake
- Take room temperature butter and drop small dots of it all over the top
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and bubbly
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Main Dish
Other Delicious Recipes to Try
This incredibly delicious Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is ready in under 30 minutes. Who doesn’t love a delectable pasta […]
The BEST thing my sister in law EVER made!!! And she wants everyone to know, that she takes offense to […]
Trader Joe’s Organic Fusilli Corti Bucati Pasta paired with an incredibly easy and tasty alfredo sauce turns this impressive noodle […]
Calling all pasta lovers! This perfect recipe will instantly become your new favorite way to make pasta. Instant pot pasta is […]
The Best Instant pot orzo recipe is a fail proof, crowd pleasing dish that will leave you wanting more. The […]
Tonight on THE WHISKING MAMA SHOW A story of an inspiring woman Join me as I introduce a woman who […]
Time to plan yourself a date night in and make this Lovely Spaghetti Carbonara! Below I’m sharing tips to ensure […]
The entire family will fall in love with this Asparagus Chicken Penne Parmesan Bake and believe me when I say your going […]
Fresh Orzo Salad is the perfect and refreshing side dish to pair with your next meal! Summer time, when we […]
Penne with Fresh Tomato Sauce and Grilled Sausage in one word, tantalizing! Conquering my fear of making pasta sauce from […]
You’ve never had any dish like this Phenomenal Ricotta Linguine with Grilled Lemon Chicken I’m not Italian, but I’m thinking after […]