Hands down the best chocolate chip cookie recipe EVER!
You may be wondering, what makes these the best chocolate chip cookies. Easy answer, it’s the warm gooey center, the soft crispy edges, the tantalizing flavor of butter sugar and double chocolate. Sounds good, right? I found this recipe on iambaker.net and in every way they surpassed my expectations.
You must follow these important instructions for the best chocolate chip cookie
A few reminders prior to making these indulgent chocolate chip cookies. First, the batter must be refrigerated a minimum of 24 hours prior to baking (a perfect make ahead desert). Second, after chilling dough for 24-36 hours you must allow the dough to come to room temp prior to baking. Third, both cake flour and bread flour (swapping bread flour for all purpose flour works) are used and this brand of cake flour works wonderful-KING ARTHUR CAKE FLOUR. Last, but not least, recommending that you use 2 different chocolates, chocolate chips and chunks. By implementing multiple types of chocolate this provides an extra layer of flavor and texture.
Immediately following dinner this cookie was popped into the oven and served with a cold glass of milk. Collectively and abruptly, I received a huge thumbs up from every person at that table. No crumbs left behind, they devoured each and every morsel.Print
Reminders: Bring eggs and butter to room temperature. Must refrigerate batter minimum of 24 hours. Allow batter to come to room temp prior to baking. For King Arthur cake flour click here.
- 1 2/3 cups cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups chocolate chips or chunks (I use a combination of both and reserve a few to place on top of the cookie before baking)
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy for 3 to 5 minutes
- Reduce speed and add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla
- Slowly add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand
- Refrigerate dough for 24-36 hours
- DO NOT SKIP REFRIGERATION.
- Prior to baking remove dough from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Drop spoonful’s (2-3 tablespoons) of dough onto baking sheet (optional: add reserved chocolate chips to tops of cookies)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Cool on wire rack
- Category: Dessert