Try this amazing recipe today, The Best Crock Pot Chicken!
Let me introduce you to my favorite crock pot recipe, the Best Crock Pot Chicken. I promise this dinner is one that is sure to impress your family and friends with out all the hustle. The presentation is beautiful and simplistic, but the flavor and freshness of this meal is what will make the dinner one too remember. I’ve been making this dish once a week during the gloomy winter months here in Illinois and it never fails to brighten the day a bit. This recipe delivers a restaurant quality meal at home and involves using a crock pot, the perfect combination!
That chicken, it’s juicy, flavorful and falls apart. There are many components that add up to making this the best crock pot chicken. The boneless, skinless chicken thigh helps to ensure a very juicy meat. The tantalizing sauce made of simple pantry ingredients, fresh garlic and chopped parsley is phenomenal. This crock pot chicken can be served with a multitude of sides, but for myself I love the light flavorful sides like Dill Roasted Carrots and The Perfect White Rice.
That rice, let me spill a few simple tips to make it perfect. One, use salt, butter and one bay leaf to flavor the rice while cooking. No one likes rice that taste bland so make sure you season properly. Two, do not over cook the rice or add too much water. Just like no one likes bland foods, most do not like mushy over cooked rice. Three, last but not least, roast some simple snow peas tossed in salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil for a crunchy finish.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs or about 1.5 pounds
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Place chicken thighs evenly at the bottom of the crock pot
- In medium sized bowl mix together all remaining ingredients
- Pour sauce mixture all over the chicken
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours SPECIAL NOTE: All crock pots have different temperature ranges, I suggest checking internal temperature to ensure a perfect cooked meat.
- Pour desired amount of sauce over chicken to serve