Anyone who dines with me often knows of my love for ordering a caesar salad. Ever have that salad come to your table and the lettuce is soggy? Or maybe you were dreaming of more croutons and parmesan shavings? Problem solved, with this homemade caesar salad you can customize it to what ever your heart desires. For myself, lots of parmesan and extra croutons on that ceasar salad please.
Every single caesar dressing I tried to buy at the store was down right grotesque and tasted nothing like real caesar. So, the only solution to enjoying this salad more often would be to make a caesar dressing of my own. I put together a simple recipe for a quick and easy at home dressing. It has a wonderful creamy flavor and texture that is sure to please, but my ultimate guilty pleasure is to splurge and buy the Cheesecake Factory’s caesar dressing. Usually doing so when I’m having guests over or a family party.
Homemade Croutons are a simple and cheap way to give that extra homemade touch, believe me when I say they will taste better than anything store bought. I think I get most excited when it’s time to add the parmesan shavings into this salad. Its not a caesar salad to me, if its lacking parmesan.
My preferable kitchen tool for this recipe…
- Caesar Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1.5 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Caesar Salad:
- Romaine salad
- Homemade croutons (link to recipe above)
- Parmesan shavings
- Special note: this Caesar dressing is thicker if lighter consistency is desired add a little olive oil
- In small blender or food processor add all the dressing ingredients and blend until well incorporated (Optional: Add olive oil too desired consistency)
- Transfer to mason jar or any airtight sealed container
- Refrigerate overnight
- Just before serving mix the salad with the croutons, parmesan shavings and caesar dressing.
- Use any left over salad dressing within 5 days
- Category: Side/Appetizer