This Classic Lasagna recipe is the most comforting dinner that will entertain with ease. Below you will find suggestions on what sides to pair with your delectable homemade Lasagna.
Who wouldn’t love layers of cheesy creaminess, paired with crumbles of browned sausage, imbedded by delicate pasta and a luscious tomato sauce. There’s just something about a classic lasagna that ensures a meal filled with happiness and comfort.
What to pair with Classic Lasagna
Entertaining guest doesn’t mean that you have to be stuck in the kitchen all evening. This classic lasagna recipe is a game changer with all the prep work done prior to your guest arriving. A fresh balsamic or caesar salad to serve along side this lasagna will complete the meal. Don’t forget a beautiful bottle of wine to ensure that your guest are feeling right at home.
How to simplify this delectable classic lasagna Recipe
This simple trick is to use no boil noodles. Simply layer the hard uncooked no boil noodles and they cook right in the oven with the lasagna. You’ll love the simplicity of this step and for myself it makes no difference in taste or texture. Prepping the lasagna ahead of time allows for you to easily spend time with your guest as this bakes in the over after their arrival.
Now that you have the perfect classic lasagna recipe, enjoy yourself and sit back when the guest arrive, cheers!Print
Classic Lasagna Recipe
- Total Time: 2 hours 15 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 (9 ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles (confession, I purchase 2 boxes just in case)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb sausage, browned
- 2 (24 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- parsley to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In medium bowl, combine beaten eggs, ricotta cheese and only 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese and parmesan, set aside
- In a 13X9X3 pan, spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of pan
- Layer in the order, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles (they will overlap), then 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, half the browned sausage, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup of pasta sauce
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1 1/2 cups sauce
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remained sausage, 1 cup of sauce
- For top layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining sauce, and remaining 1 cup mozzarella
- ***At this point you can cover and place in the refrigerator until guest arrive. I suggest making the same day and not the evening before to ensure the noodles do not get too soft. Remove from refrigerator and allow lasagna to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to baking ***
- Bake covered with foil for 50-60 minutes
- Uncover and continue cooking until all the cheese is melted on the top and browned (about 10-15 minutes)
- Let stand 20-30 minutes before serving
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cook Time: 75 mins
- Category: Main Dish
More Delicious Recipes to Enjoy
This incredibly delicious Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is ready in under 30 minutes. Who doesn’t love a delectable pasta […]
The BEST thing my sister in law EVER made!!! And she wants everyone to know, that she takes offense to […]
Have you heard of the baked feta TikTok pasta phenomenon? It’s all over the internet and ridiculously yummy. Trader Joe’s […]
Trader Joe’s spinach artichoke dip puts an elegant twist to your typical grilled cheese. This sandwich is creamy, cheesy and […]
Trader Joe’s Organic Fusilli Corti Bucati Pasta paired with an incredibly easy and tasty alfredo sauce turns this impressive noodle […]
Let’s talk about this ridiculously delicious soup for a minute. Zuppa Toscana is a wildly popular Olive Garden soup that […]
Trader Joe’s sells an assortment of delicious spring rolls. This review for Chicken Spring Rolls includes my families honest review, […]
We’re taking 3 Trader Joe’s items and transforming them into a Wonton Soup that will warm your soul. 25 minutes […]
This review of Trader Joe’s Gyoza Potstickers is long overdue. These perfectly filled dumplings with meat (pork or chicken) and […]
Are you in need of an insanely delicious meal ready in just 25 minutes? Trader Joe’s Mandarin Orange Chicken is […]
These incredibly juicy and delicious Bone in Pork Chops start off on the stove top. First, searing to a beautiful […]
Look no further for the easiest homemade chicken alfredo recipe. Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo with jar sauce is ready in […]
I tried this recipe yesterday and it was delicious 😋 I can’t wait to make it and share it with my friends and family.
Happy to hear you enjoyed!! Thanks for your review Becky
Can you share what type of pasta sauce you like to use and what type of sausage? Thank you!
Hi Melody, You can use any favorite jar pasta sauce to your liking. I personally love either Trader Joe’s roasted garlic marinara or the ROA’S Brand. Mild Italian sausage is a perfect pairing.