This Classic Lasagna recipe is the most comforting dinner that will entertain with ease. Below you will find suggestions on what sides to pair with your delectable homemade Lasagna.
Who wouldn’t love layers of cheesy creaminess, paired with crumbles of browned sausage, imbedded by delicate pasta and a luscious tomato sauce. There’s just something about a classic lasagna that ensures a meal filled with happiness and comfort.
What to pair with Classic Lasagna
Entertaining guest doesn’t mean that you have to be stuck in the kitchen all evening. This classic lasagna recipe is a game changer with all the prep work done prior to your guest arriving. A fresh balsamic or caesar salad to serve along side this lasagna will complete the meal. Don’t forget a beautiful bottle of wine to ensure that your guest are feeling right at home.
How to simplify this delectable classic lasagna Recipe
This simple trick is to use no boil noodles. Simply layer the hard uncooked no boil noodles and they cook right in the oven with the lasagna. You’ll love the simplicity of this step and for myself it makes no difference in taste or texture. Prepping the lasagna ahead of time allows for you to easily spend time with your guest as this bakes in the over after their arrival.
Now that you have the perfect classic lasagna recipe, enjoy yourself and sit back when the guest arrive, cheers!Print
- 1 (9 ounce) box no-boil lasagna noodles (confession, I purchase 2 boxes just in case)
- 2 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb sausage, browned
- 2 (24 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- parsley to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In medium bowl, combine beaten eggs, ricotta cheese and only 2 cups of the mozzarella cheese and parmesan, set aside
- In a 13X9X3 pan, spread 1 cup of sauce on bottom of pan
- Layer in the order, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles (they will overlap), then 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, half the browned sausage, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1 cup of pasta sauce
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 part of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1 1/2 cups sauce
- Next layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and remained sausage, 1 cup of sauce
- For top layer, 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, remaining sauce, and remaining 1 cup mozzarella
- ***At this point you can cover and place in the refrigerator until guest arrive. I suggest making the same day and not the evening before to ensure the noodles do not get too soft. Remove from refrigerator and allow lasagna to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to baking ***
- Bake covered with foil for 50-60 minutes
- Uncover and continue cooking until all the cheese is melted on the top and browned (about 10-15 minutes)
- Let stand 20-30 minutes before serving
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cook Time: 75 mins
- Category: Main Dish