The Best Classic Rice Crispy Treats recipe with the perfect ratio of butter, marshmallow and rice cereal.
Some things are meant to be left uncomplicated, like this classic dessert. This is my no fail perfect ratio of gooey goodness that puts a smile on most everyone’s face. I recently posted the picture below on my Instagram account. I had just whipped up a batch of treats and literally scrambled to get them into my little ones mouths, in hopes that the screaming would stop. Everyone was just in a foul mood that afternoon, but these seemed to settle the air a bit. After the kiddos chilled out, smiling and indulged in their treats, it left me feeling recharged to survive whatever tantrum broke out next. All while praying bed time would come quickly that evening so that I could indulge in all the rice crispy treats my heart desired (paired with a glass of wine of course).
Then last month I posted on Facebook this recipe pictured below for Corn Flake Treats. Corn Flake Treats puts a simple and delicious spin on a already delicious and classic treat. Again not complicating but elevating the texture a bit, just to change it up. Currently I can not pick which version is my favorite because it just depends on my mood. Rice Crispy treats are a bit lighter texture, where I find the Corn Flake Treats have a bit more chewy texture, with the cinnamon adding a nice balance of flavor.
Only decision left which delicious Crispy treats to make, you can’t go wrong in my opinion 🙂Print
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing
- 1 10 ounce bag of regular marshmallows
- 5 cups rice cereal
- Optional: parchment paper
- Grease a 9/13 inch pan with butter and set aside
- In large stock pot heat butter over low heat
- Add marshmallows to melted butter and stir continuously until completely melted
- Add rice cereal and mix until combined
- Immediately transfer to pan and using parchment paper or clean hands press the treats evenly into the pan
- Allow to cool a few minutes, cut squares and enjoy
- Category: Dessert