SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS AND A SIDE OF DELICIOUSNESS WITH THIS EASY BANANA BREAD RECIPE
Well, it’s official and I couldn’t be more proud because this month I’m celebrating one year of blogging! I love hearing how every one is enjoying the recipes and posts. I’m so thankful for pushing myself into this scary world of blogging. This was a huge leap of faith, attempting something that I never thought I would be successful with. Currently, my intention are to continue blogging for a very long time. This progress has left me beyond grateful. Thank you to every single person who has encouraged, supported, followed and written me personally about whiskingmama.com. Without all of you this journey wouldn’t be half the fun and not nearly as rewarding.
Countless times I’ve attempted to make an abundance of different banana bread recipes. Each recipe claiming to be the best, only to leave me disappointed. This perfect banana bread recipe is one I have been making for over ten years. The recipe is scribbled on a tiny sheet of paper with no clue where the recipe came from or if I made it up entirely. The truth, this is my absolute favorite banana bread and it’s so simple to make. This is a traditional and delicious banana bread that has an abundance of banana flavor in each bite. You can of course add walnuts which would be just heavenly, but due to my allergies I can not.
Some things in life come easily and are meant to be left uncomplicated, like this easy banana bread.
If you want to turn this perfect breakfast/snack bread into a sinfully delicious dessert make a simple Warm Chocolate Sauce!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar (optional: extra brown sugar for top)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⅓ cups smashed bananas (4-5 large ripened bananas)
- Optional: ½ cup Chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon) in medium bowl and set aside
- Mash banana with fork in medium bowl and set aside
- Beat butter and brown sugar until creamy
- Slowly add one egg at a time to the butter and sugar
- Add one teaspoon of vanilla and bananas mixing lightly
- Add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix by hand very gently being careful not to over mix
- Add mixture to a greased 9 inch loaf pan and bake for 65 minutes(before baking you can sprinkle extra brown sugar on top if desired), until toothpick comes out clean
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and enjoy