SIMPLE AND DELECTABLE FRESH WHIPPED CREAM WITH BERRIES RECIPE
Ever have those days you swear your going to stop eating sweets? You swear to yourself tomorrow I’m not going to have any dessert (I promise!). Only the following day to tell yourself one cookie will not hurt or I needed that ice cream I’m low on calcium. Welcome to my everyday challenge. Yes, my name is Trina and I’m addicted to sugar! O.k., now I feel better. Having a huge sweet tooth this dessert gives me my fix without all the guilt.
Of course my toddler wants what ever mommy is having especially if it looks like a big bowl of sweetness dolloped with light airy goodness on top. When craving dessert after dinner time, I love that I can control how much sugar is added depending on how close it is to bedtime.
FRESH WHIPPING CREAM IS RIDICULOUSLY EASY TO MAKE AND OH SO GOOD
Before I knew how to make fresh whipping cream it seemed so intimidating. I know I’m not the only one out there that felt this way. Many friends of mine have spoken the same words, so I’m here to set the record straight. It’s so simple and easy a cave man could do it! You should never buy prepackaged whipped cream again. Simply turn on your beaters and let them go until it forms stiff peaks and makes it hard for the beaters to move. If using a Kitchenaid stand mixer its even simpler and takes less arm strength. Who doesn’t love a quick dessert that pleases all. This mama sure does!Print
Fresh Whipped Cream with Berries
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2–3 tablespoons of sugar (suggestion: powdered sugar, also known as confectioners sugar, but you can use regular granulate sugar as well)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Berries of choice (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- (OPTIONAL) Freeze the bowl and whisk attachment 10 min prior to mixing
- Pour heavy cream into the bowl and turn on beaters slowly moving up to high speed
- Add the sugar and vanilla right before the mixture starts to form stiff peaks
- Continue mixing until it forms stiff peaks and makes it hard for the beater to turn
- Serve on top of any fresh berries of choice
- Category: Dessert
Does it Save well? Or do you have to make it every time you want some?!
Preferably, I make it fresh and recommend using with in 2-3 day.
Mmmmmm! I am obsessed with making fresh whipped cream now! I don’t think I will ever buy the can kind again… Thanks again! 🙂
That’s wonderful Karolina! Yup same thing happened to me and now I never buy whipped cream so much better fresh!