For the perfect breakfast any day try this yummy Fruit and yogurt parfait!
Funny, but true story… While unloading my groceries from the grocery store one day I realized an odd abundance of items that I brought home. This consisted of red grapes, organic raisins and raisin bran cereal. I had been buying these few items quite often since finding out I was pregnant, but it wasn’t until I bought all three at once that it dawned on me. This was a result of withdraws, I was desperately missing my evening glass of wine (Prescribed by me 😉 ). I was searching for my wine from any source of grape I could get my hands on, in that instance I started laughing at myself. My subconscious cracks me up, not realizing I had been doing this for two weeks already. That obsession slowly went away and I am currently hooked on my morning (sometimes late night snack) fresh fruit and yogurt parfaits.
I want to share my favorite ingredients for the perfect parfait.
1. Fresh organic fruit of choice, my favorite combo is strawberries, blueberries and raspberries (and sometimes blackberries).
2. The yogurt, Trader Joe’s French village Mixed berries non fat yogurt. I’m all about thick Greek yogurts, but not when it comes to this parfait. You want the yogurt to be light and smooth, not heavy.
3. The granola! I searched and searched for just the right granola, one with a perfect crunchy texture that didn’t mush when added to the yogurt. Bob’s Red Mill Original Whole Grain No Fat Granola. Found this perfect crunch with a hint of vanilla at Whole Foods, but also available on Amazon.com
Simple, important steps in making the perfect parfait and of course you can change the fruit flavoring to your liking. If you are looking for the perfect combo to make your own parfaits at home you now have the secret ingredients and can stop buying the expensive little ones at restaurants in the morning. Till my next pregnancy craving this is Trina Marie wishing you a happy breakfast!Print
- 1–6 ounce container of your favorite yogurt (Suggestion Trader Joe’s French Village Mixed Berries)
- Fresh Berries or fruit of choice (Suggestion strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries)
- Granola (Suggestion Bob’s Red Mill’s natural granola)
- Add yogurt of choice to a bowl
- Cut fresh fruit and top over yogurt
- Sprinkle on top desired amount of granola
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Breakfast
Other Delicious Recipes to Try
We’re breaking down this NEW Trader Joe’s Blueberry Muffin Mix. Below you’ll find our honest review and the slight modifications […]
Trader Joe’s Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls are something special. Swirls of cinnamon, rich frosting and exceptional flavor come together to produce […]
You might be thinking… With a million different ways to make scrambles eggs on the internet why make this recipe? […]
Below we are sharing our love for Trader joe’s hash browns. Find out why you should buy these for yourself […]
This Breakfast Tacos Recipe is keto, low carb, gluten free and flavorful! Cauliflower Taco Shells have become a staple in […]
How to achieve the perfect soft, medium and hard boiled eggs in the instant pot. With a million different methods […]
Keto Bagels are a delicious breakfast, lunch or snack. Each bagel has about 1.75 net carbs and 160 calories. Our […]
Have you ever wondered, is a banana a berry? Recently, while reading an article referring to a banana as a […]
Looking for a smoothie that’s healthy and sweet? Then look no further than this HEALTHY PINA COLADA SMOOTHIE! Why you’ll […]
Look no further for the ultimate cereal dispenser… The Whisking Kiddos are over the moon excited for their new cereal […]
In loving memory of Patryk Alexander his favorite recipe Apple Cinnamon Muffins Early one morning, my son Patryk Alexander abruptly […]