These gluten free chicken nuggets are a must try!
O.k. Mama’s this is a impromptu gluten free chicken nuggets post after yesterdays response from everyone when I posted this picture on Facebook last night. I took this picture with my phone and it is not my normal way to post, but I feel like getting you all the recipe a.s.a.p. was top priority 🙂 This was not only an unplanned post, but also dinner. After getting everyone ready to swim in the pool yesterday I quickly realized there was storm clouds to the north of us. I decided to make dinner early and wait for the weather to pass.
Gather a few simple ingredients and soon you’ll be indulging in this DELICIOUS gluten free meal
Katia is currently eating gluten free to help determine a possible allergy and that prompted me to make these Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets. Along side I made my favorite Dill Roasted Carrots and The Best Roasted Broccoli, two healthy and delicious recipes.
I’ve had nothing but success when using Pamela’s Gluten Free Flour Blend for all my recipes thus far.
These glutino Gluten Free Bread Crumbs made the gluten free chicken nuggets so deliciously crunchy
- 1.5 pounds of chicken breast (about 3 large breast)
- ½ cup Gluten free flour (suggestion Pamela's)
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups gluten free bread crumbs (suggestion glutino)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- About ⅓ cup canola oil (suggestion organic)
- Optional: Ketch up or barbecue sauce for serving
- Paper towel(suggestion bleach free Seventh Generation)
- Pound out the chicken breast to ¼ inch thickness and cut into about 2 inch pieces
- In 3 separate low bowls, first bowl add flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper, Second bowl add 2 eggs and whisk, Third bowl add bread crumbs
- Dip your chicken in the flour mixtures, then eggs, then bread crumbs and set aside on a plate until all the chicken pieces are breaded
- In large skillet add ¼ cup canola oil and heat over medium high heat
- Cook Chicken about 3 minutes per side or until center is no longer pink (you can also use a digital thermometer to check)
- Work chicken in 2-3 batched depending on your skillet size, adding more oil as needed with each batch
- Place cooked chicken onto paper towels
- Once cooled serve with your choice of condiment and enjoy