The secret ingredient is right there in the picture, can you see it?
Yes, that is the beloved veggie, zucchini behind that cookie. Desperately wanting to create something that I could eat, with out being forced to hide from the kids in the morning, while still getting my cookie fix. Yup, I love cookies and if they are sitting on the counter while I’m enjoying that morning cup of joe then admittedly I have no self control. I definitely don’t want my kids to start their morning off that way, thus you find me cupping my hand crouched down in the kitchen just below counter height so my mouth is not visible. Yet I can still see where everyone is so that I’m not to be caught by little feet sneaking up behind me. So, that got me thinking. Why don’t I create a cookie that I can share and indulge in any time? These Secret Ingredient Healthy Breakfast cookies do just that.
Keep scrolling for this wonderful Healthy Breakfast cookie Recipe
These scrumptious Breakfast cookies are chewy, slightly sweet, flavorful and loaded with healthy zucchini. I’ve used both coconut milk and whole milk in this recipe before, both pair wonderfully. In my house there are too many nut allergies so I do not add chopped nuts to ours, but it would be a wonderful pairing to this already delicious cookie. These can be refrigerated for up to three days or like myself, freeze a batch and defrost a couple cookies in the morning. This cookie freezes beautifully and makes life simpler for those times I’m in need of a quick healthy breakfast or snack. Always having these available to enjoy helps crave my sweet tooth and stop me from over indulging at the wrong times.
This Breakfast Cookie is a delicious, quick and healthy breakfast that can satisfy your indulgence side minus your typical after cookie guilt.
- 3 small bananas, mashed
- 2 Cups Old fashion oats
- ⅓ cup packed shredded Zucchini (using clean hands or a few layers of cheese cloth, strain of excess moisture)
- ⅓ cup apple sauce
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut milk (you may substitute with whole milk)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Optional: ⅓ cup chopped nuts of choice (almonds, macadamia etc...)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients until combined well
- Take about 1.5 tablespoon scoop with a spoon and gently press and form your cookie on pan using your clean hands, making cookie on the thinner side
- Bake at 350F for 16 minutes
- Remove from oven, cool and enjoy
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for later