The Best Instant pot orzo recipe is a fail proof, crowd pleasing dish that will leave you wanting more.
The most versatile Instant Pot Recipe Ever!
Keep reading this recipe post, whether you’re a mushroom lover or not. My promise- I will convince you that this recipe for the best instant pot orzo is the most versatile, quick and delectable side dish around.
Announcing, this is technically not a new recipe, but a spin on my recipe for orzo with parmesan and peas. The previous version of this sensational orzo recipe is made on the stove top. Instant pots truly have changed the cooking world, for the better. Hands down, this is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets to reduce your cooking time. This specific orzo recipe can be quickly assembled in under 30 minutes with ease.
Why is this The Best Instant Pot side dish you will find?
Look closely at the pictures featured. The creaminess of the pasta, cheese and mushrooms all mixed together, truly make this side dish a perfect pairing to any meal.
Not only am I personally obsessed with this instant pot recipe, my children and my boyfriend’s children love this dish. In all seriousness, pleasing five children at super time is no easy feat. Every time this dish is served it can be simplistically modified to any particular taste desired.
How to make orzo in the Instant Pot
This delicious instant pot recipe allows for infinite possibilities. To modify this orzo dish simply replace the mushrooms for peas, asparagus or broccoli. The sky is the limit. Just a slight modification for making the orzo with peas, the frozen thawed peas would need to be added right at the end of cooking. Followed by adding the grated parmesan, heating just until cooked through.
Let me warn you, when you first open the instant pot lid the orzo will look a bit soupy. Allow the orzo to sit for 5 to 10 minutes in the pot to thicken. All of the delicious flavors and juices will absorb right into the pasta. Bon Appetit!Print
NOTE: This recipe is for a 6qt instant pot, adjust cooking time for larger pots.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 10–12 ounces cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dried orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus more for topping
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional for serving)
- Add the olive oil and butter to the Instant Pot and heat on sauté mode until hot
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the Instant Pot. Sauté until the onions start to soften and mushroom brown, 4 to 5 minutes
- Add the garlic to the pot and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Press Cancel to turn off the Instant Pot
- Add the dried oregano, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and dried orzo cooking for 1 minute to toast the orzo
- Stir in the chicken broth and place lid on the instant pot
- Turn the steam release valve to the sealing position
- Set the cook time to 4 minutes at high pressure (Note: The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to reach pressure and then the cook time will start counting down. When the cook time ends, quick release the pressure by carefully turning the steam release valve to the venting position.)
- Once all of the steam has escaped and the pin drops down, open the Instant Pot lid.
- Add 1/2 cup parmesan and mix
- The orzo will look a bit soupy, remove from heat and allow orzo to sit for 5-10 minutes prior to serving. This will allow the pasta to absorb liquid.
- Serve, topped with fresh parsley and Parmesan
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Sodium: 929.9mg
- Fat: 8.4g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Cholesterol: 13.5mg
Trader Joe’s gluten free, low carb and keto friendly chicken meatballs alfredo is out of this world delicious! 20 minutes […]
Trader Joe’s fully cooked chicken meatballs make for a very quick and protein packed meal. Below is our honest review […]
This incredibly delicious Instant Pot Fettuccine Alfredo recipe is ready in under 30 minutes. Who doesn’t love a delectable pasta […]
The BEST thing my sister in law EVER made!!! And she wants everyone to know, that she takes offense to […]
Have you heard of the baked feta TikTok pasta phenomenon? It’s all over the internet and ridiculously yummy. Trader Joe’s […]
Trader Joe’s spinach artichoke dip puts an elegant twist to your typical grilled cheese. This sandwich is creamy, cheesy and […]
Trader Joe’s Organic Fusilli Corti Bucati Pasta paired with an incredibly easy and tasty alfredo sauce turns this impressive noodle […]
Let’s talk about this ridiculously delicious soup for a minute. Zuppa Toscana is a wildly popular Olive Garden soup that […]
Trader Joe’s sells an assortment of delicious spring rolls. This review for Chicken Spring Rolls includes my families honest review, […]
We’re taking 3 Trader Joe’s items and transforming them into a Wonton Soup that will warm your soul. 25 minutes […]
This review of Trader Joe’s Gyoza Potstickers is long overdue. These perfectly filled dumplings with meat (pork or chicken) and […]