The Best Mini Cucumber Sandwich Recipe
When I say food is my way of showing love, I mean it. My good friend absolutely loves these mini cucumber sandwiches, any chance that I get, I’ll whip up a batch and await her ginormous smile. I laugh inside knowing she will not share one mini sandwich, not even one tiny bite if she had a choice.
Simplicity at it’s best. These cucumber sandwiches are dainty and cute, filled with a whole lot of love!
Suggestion, blend the sandwich mixture the night prior to assembling your cucumber sandwiches. This step is not necessary but allows all the ingredients to get to know each other. When ready to assemble remove the mixture from the fridge so it can soften for a few minutes before spreading. Cut one small bread square to use as a guide making them all uniformed in size. Spread a desired amount of mixture onto evenly cut dark rye slices and give the sides a sprinkle of dill to seal in all that goodness.
This being tiny cucumber sandwiches some how makes me feel that it’s appropriate to eat more of them. Funny how putting things into small bites can actually make it seem less guilty.Print
- 1 package of dark rye bread
- 1 brick cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons yellow onion
- 3/4 cup seedless cucumber
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dill to taste plus more for garnish
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature
- Add mayonnaise and cream cheese to medium sized bowl and mix well
- Finely chop onion
- Peel and finely chop cucumber
- Add onion, cucumber, dill, salt and pepper
- Refrigerate over night
- Cut bread in small rectangular or square pieces
- Spread mixture onto each bread and sprinkle sides with dill to finish
- Makes 12-15 mini sandwiches
- Double recipe if needed
- Category: Appetizer