The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie is a recipe to fuel your soul!
Our favorite chocolate chip cookies start by purchasing Trader Joe’s semi sweet chocolate chips. Below you will find instructions on how to achieve the most perfect cookie every time.
Why we love chocolate chip cookies
Smelling chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven brings me back to childhood. Taking turns with my brother putting each ingredient into the bowl. After mixing the batter my mom instructed us not to eat the raw cookie dough, but every time she turned her head in went our little fingers. These are the moments that make a house a home.
This recipe for chocolate chip cookies is one I have loved trying to perfect over and over again. Now that I’ve found it, I don’t dare mess with perfection. It is my most requested cookie by family and friends. I have found a no fail method resulting in the most rich, gooey and moist cookie every time. Sometimes the most simple things in life can be the greatest. When it comes to cookies, classic chocolate chip is loved by all.
How to make perfect chocolate chip cookies
It’s all in the timing! Bake the cookies at 375F for nine minutes. Then immediately after removing the cookies from the oven turn on the overhead range fan. This allows the cookie to cool quickly so that you can remove them from the pan faster. This step is important because the longer that cookie sits on a hot pan it continues to cook the centers. Now you have the perfect cookie, firm but soft outside with a warm chocolaty gooey center.Print
- 2 cups plus 7 tablespoons unbleached flour ( for the 7 tablespoons simply measure half a cup(8 tablespoons) and remove one tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 package of trader Joe chocolate chips ( I remove 1 tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in bowl and set aside
- Using beaters or stand mixer cream together butter brown sugar granulates sugar and vanilla
- Add eggs one at a time
- Add dry ingredients and mix well
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto non grease baking sheet (roughly measure mine at 1.5 tablespoons)
- Bake at 375F for 9 minutes
- Place on cooling rack
- Serve warm cookies with cold glass of milk!
- Category: Dessert