Looking for a smoothie that’s Healthy and Sweet?
Then look no further than this HEALTHY PINA COLADA SMOOTHIE!
Do you want to curb your sugar cravings? Maybe you need an escape from your winter blues? Are you in search of a delicious and hydrating smoothie? Well, this Healthy Pina Colada Smoothie is the perfect pick me up drink for you. This is definitely my personal favorite smoothie which I have enjoyed almost daily during this cold and bitter January. Dreaming of white sandy beaches, oceans, dolphins, sunglasses and that beach smell in my hair as I sip this creamy smoothie. It takes me away to a place I so long to be, that is until I walk to my back patio door and see nothing but that frozen white stuff called snow outside my home.
This healthy smoothie is packed with powerful health benefits. Coconut meat has the power to help curb sugar cravings and regulate blood sugar. It’s also high in fiber which helps aid to feel fuller and can help promote weight loss, high in vitamin C to help keep you healthy during these viral ridden cold months. Did you know pineapple also possesses anti cancer compounds? Not only is pineapple called “the king of fruits” this amazing tropical fruit also contains bromelain that has anti-inflammatory capabilities. Double the potassium boost with a banana and coconut water, this drink is all around the perfect combination of tasty healthy goodness.
I LOVE MY NUTRIBULLET FOR MORNING SMOOTHIES!
“There are many blenders on the market, but there is only one NutriBullet. With its compact size, simple assembly, hassle-free cleanup, and exceptional nutrient extraction power, the NutriBullet is the ideal tool for health-conscious individuals looking to fuel their exceptionally busy lives.” Nutribullet.com
- 1 Banana (for a sweeter smoothie use slightly ripened)
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- ¾ cup frozen pineapple tidbits
- ½ cup coconut water (or water)
- ½ cup crushed ice cubes
- (Optional: 1 teaspoon chai seeds or ground flax seeds)
- ***Special note*** If using frozen bananas omit the ice and increase coconut water to ¾ cup
- Place all ingredients into the blender
- Mix until smooth consistency
- Special Note: This is a thicker smoothie, if you have trouble getting your smoothie to blend add 1 tablespoon at a time of extra water or coconut water