One pan 30 minutes and you will have a delectable skillet meal the entire family will love
Potato zucchini chicken skillet is a recipe that I make all the time, but keep forgetting to share. The combination of flavor and texture gives this simple dinner an impressive twist. Almost everything is better with cheese, so topping this simple one skillet meal with a sprinkle of parmesan is a must. Then there is that one ingredient that aids in adding a pop of flavor, any guesses?
Well, that secret ingredient is the beloved hot sauce. Right before the potatoes are finished, hit that hot pan with a desired amount of your personal favorite hot sauce. The beloved condiment does not over power the dish, but aids in enhancing the flavors. Of course you may add extra hot sauce if you would like more heat, but for myself while cooking for little ones I just add a splash for the flavor.
A delectable one skillet pan meal with browned potatoes, zucchini, bites of chicken topped with parmesan and a few other simple ingredients.
CONFESSION, my children are weirdos and eat almost anything and everything with ketchup. Typically, while indulging in this meal they typically have me pour a little ketchup over the top. Not my ideal topping, but pick your battles right!? This dish allows us more time to play outside and with warmer weather on the way I thoroughly enjoy not turning on the oven. Even better this meal uses only one pan and less dishes to clean is another reason I’m in love with this meal.
Try this Potato Zucchini Chicken Skillet for your next fresh and delicious week night mealPrint
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 medium red potatoes
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1/2 small onion
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce
- Cut chicken breast into 1 inch pieces, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Chop potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces
- Chop zucchini into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces
- Roughly dice onion
- Heat frying pan on medium high heat coated lightly with olive oil
- Add chicken to heated skillet and cook until no longer pink in the center, then transfer chicken to bowl and cover with foil, leave the dripping in the pan
- Add a little splash of olive oil to the pan with drippings
- Add chopped potatoes to the pan and season with salt and pepper, add onion on top of the potatoes, leaving the potatoes alone until browned on one side
- Once potatoes are browned on one side toss and continue to cook until softened
- When potatoes are softened but not finished add a little splash of olive oil to the zucchini and add to pan, cover with lid and cook until tender
- Splash everything with desired amount of hot sauce
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Add chicken back to skillet
- Serve with parmesan cheese
- Category: Main Dish