Do you ever get stuck on what sides to make?
This simple cucumber salad recipe is a staple in my house for many meals. Everyone I’ve shared this recipe with loves it’s taste and simplicity. The mild flavor of this side allows you to pair it with many different dishes whether it be chicken, pork or fish that you are serving. Of course during summer time you can find the freshest cucumbers around, but I have no problem finding good cucumber at the local supermarket throughout most of the year. If you have not tried this yummy cucumber salad recipe before I would suggest doing so and you will be pleasantly surprised.
Simple Cucumber Salad will become your families new favorite side dishPrint
- 1 large seedless cucumber
- About 2 heaping tablespoons of sour cream
- Couple teaspoons of lemon juice (I squeeze about a 1/4 lemon in)
- Dill Fresh or dried
- Chopped green onion
- Peel cucumber and slice or use hand mandolin (you can leave the peel on if you prefer more texture and crunch)
- Add sour cream, lemon juice, salt, pepper, dill and green onion and mix
- Special Note: The amount of each ingredient is to taste. Depending on your preference you can add more or less of any ingredient, another reason I love this recipe is its fool proof!)
- Category: Side Dish