I have a lot on my plate right now (pun intended), January is definitely one of those months you’re busy playing catch up after all the holiday madness in December. My daughter’s first birthday is right after Christmas so January is a month I desperately need to slow everything down a bit, but slowing down is never really an option with two little ones.
Currently, I’m a bit frantic realizing that the month is already half way over. There are big plans for this February that I can not wait to share with you all, but in the mean time I will leave you with a recipe that comforts me through this hectic, freezing winter.
In search for a recipe that is simple and delicious? Look no further because this is one easy peasy recipe my family has been obsessed with for years. Not certain where the recipe came from because it was written down on a small piece of paper tucked in to my old cook book. One thing is for certain you can always modify recipes to fit your taste buds. Like this one here, I have in the past substituted the water for orange juice and yum! Just make sure you enjoy every ingredient on it’s own first, this is key to ensuring you thoroughly enjoy your dish. Take this recipe for example, If you do not like Dijon, well then swap it out for yellow mustard. My favorite part about cooking, the possibilities are endless.
For a complete meal pair the Roasted Drumsticks with these delicious sides…
- 2–3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1.5 teaspoons garlic powder
- In medium bowl mix together all the ingredients with whisk or fork
- Place 1/4 of mixture aside in sealed container and refrigerate (for basting)
- Add chicken wings and marinade to plastic bag and move around to coat, turning the bag until completely coated
- Place wings in refrigerator over night
- In the morning turn the bag over to evenly distribute the marinade and place back in fridge till baking
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, until desired internal temperature is reached
- Last 20 minutes brush on remaining marinade mixture
- Remove from oven and enjoy
- Category: Main Dish/Appetizer