The Best at home Strawberry Milkshake recipe for two
Happy almost Valentine’s Day! Unfortunately, this year on the actual holiday I will not be with my babies, so we celebrated early. Yesterday morning, right after I snapped this yummy photo, each kiddo was spoiled with their own Strawberry Milkshake. The perks of having a food blogging Mommy, who currently only has good lighting for photos in the morning. Then, later that evening we enjoyed a special dinner followed by homemade chocolate covered strawberries and delicious chocolate cake. My kiddos were spoiled with love and delectable treats all day.
Why is a Strawberry Milkshake the perfect indulgent treat?
Assembling your very own Homemade Strawberry milkshake is very easy. Simply start your milkshake with your favorite high quality vanilla ice cream. Next, add fresh strawberries that you sprinkle with sugar and vanilla. Followed by pouring in a bit of milk to make things cream together, Viola! Lose track of time while sipping this creamy and sweet mixture of Heaven.
This strawberry milkshake recipe is one that kids and adults will love!
- 1½ cups diced strawberries
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup of milk
- Whipped cream and extra strawberries for topping
- SPECIAL NOTE: For a double strawberry flavor you may use high quality strawberry ice cream in replacement of the vanilla ice cream.
- Mix the diced strawberries, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and set aside for 15-20 minutes
- Add strawberry mixture, ice cream and milk into the blender
- Mix just until smooth (do not over mix)
- Pour into two glasses, top with whipped cream and garnish with a fresh strawberry if desired