Toasting oats in the oven is one of the easiest and most scrumptious methods. Below you will find a perfected formula to achieve the best tasting crunchy oats that you’ll want to indulge in everyday.
Not only do these Cinnamon Toasted Oats engulf your home with an aroma of pure bliss, they are so versatile. Enjoy this Toasted Oats recipe in your cereal bowl with added fruit, nuts and/or chocolate chunks. Also, they are excellent on top of parfaits, for making granola bars and much more!
There’s something special about the smell of vanilla and cinnamon baking in the oven. The perfume of oats toasting in the oven is warming to the soul. Personally I’m a huge believer that smell can impact the mind and trigger happy memories, I’m no scientist, but I’m pretty sure there is science to back that up. So, I’ll take that and run with it, baking delicious smelling foods for my family when ever possible. Making huge batches of these Cinnamon Toasted Oats, during the cold start of fall mornings, could not be a more simplistic way to bring happiness into your home.
How to store Cinnamon Toasted Oats
You can have this tasty toasted oats recipe premade and ready to go (stored in an airtight container) for the perfect pantry staple. I love to make double batches of the cinnamon toasted oats and use through out the week for parfaits, breakfast cereal and homemade Cranberry Granola Treats. Seriously, this makes the best breakfast cereal, simply add some fresh blueberries or chunks of dark chocolate with a splash of milk. Don’t wait, get out your baking pans and start making this recipe for a delicious smelling home and grain.
May I just point out one thing from this picture above… It was taken on the day of the eclipse. I can not get over how ironic this picture with the jar lid and lighting are, perfectly symbolic of the day it was taken. Pretty awesome to look at and be memorized all over again.Print
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1.5 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside
- In a small bowl mix together the oil, honey and vanilla
- In a separate large bowl mix together the oats, salt, cinnamon, (optional nuts)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until all ingredients are incorporated
- Spread oats onto lined baking sheet and spread out evenly
- Bake at 300F for 20-22 minutes watching closely at the end for a nice golden color
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container
- Category: Breakfast