The Best Toddler Mini Muffins are packed with carrots, pumpkin, oats, greek yogurt and apple in every bite!
Do you struggle to get veggies into your child’s diet or just love adding them to as many foods as possible? I battle getting my one year old to eat anything, let alone a veggie. After seeing her enjoy my blueberry muffins with streusel toppings one afternoon it then prompted me to begin my search for a healthier toddler muffin.
The BEST TODDLER MINI MUFFINS are very freezer friendly
Later that day I went onto Facebook and posted to a group for Mamas, asking if anyone knew of a good veggie muffin recipe. Immediately everyone started posting their favorite recipes, I’m loving the amount of community in motherhood that Facebook has created. Thinking back to when I had little Patryk, Facebook was just starting to taking off and it was not apart of my life yet. Back when I had my first child I would have benefited from having somewhere to turn, to ask questions about motherhood and to feel connected with other moms. This recent group that I joined seems to have a wonderful group of women, sharing and helping one another. One recipe shared in my quest to find yummy veggie muffins stood out to me, but I also already had everything to make these scrumptious bite sized muffins. Then tweaked the recipe around until they were perfection.
These are absolutely The Best Toddler Mini Muffins, a versatile recipe that both of my children love.
Currently, my son Maxwell has been more of a picky eater due to the antibiotics he is on (changed his taste a bit I’m thinking) so on his muffin I added some Fresh Whipped Butter, YUM! Then this morning before school out of curiosity I made a impromptu ganache in the microwave, heating the heavy cream to a simmer, then melting chocolate chips into the cream with a fork. The warm chocolate sauce was absolutely delectable. Knowing my son was still getting healthy carrots, pumpkin, oats, greek yogurt and apple in every bite was a huge plus.
Delicious Toppings for THE BEST TODDLER MINI MUFFINS
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ heaping cup of greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg (optional)
- Canola oil for greasing
- Optional: 2 teaspoons chai seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In large bowl add all dry ingredients, oats, wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and set aside
- In stand mixer or with hand mixer cream together sugar, yogurt, applesauce and butter
- Add vanilla, eggs, pumpkin, carrots, and bananas
- Add your dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined
- Scoop batter into greased mini muffin tins
- makes 48-50 mini muffins
- Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from pans and cool on cooling rack