- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups of pan dripping and/or stock(turkey, chicken or vegetable, your preference)
- If using pan drippings use fine mesh strainer to allow for smooth consistency
- In sauce pan over medium heat melt butter
- Add salt and pepper
- Slowly whisk in flour until well combined, whisk for about a min or two
- Slowly add in pan dripping and/or stock constantly whisking
- Cook for a few minutes to thicken up the gravy and keep warm until ready to serve
- Special note:
- You can always add more or less stock/drippings depending on your desired gravy consistency.
- Also, personally I used 1 cup drippings to 2 1/2 cups of stock. This ratio is just an example, you can use half and half, all stock or all drippings!
- Category: Side Dish