Impress your loved ones by making this DELICIOUS Crispy Chicken Costoletta
The Cheesecake Factory is one restaurant I love to go to with my family. Sometimes when I crave this dish, Crispy Chicken Costoletta with Lemon Sauce, it’s just not possible to go out or maybe that week it is best to stay home and save a few extra bucks. This knock off recipe is one that I have perfected over time and in my families own words, “I cant tell the difference between the restaurants and yours, its great!” Feeling proud, I just may have to take on another one of their famous dishes to create in the future.
The chicken is so crispy and the sauce with the perfect lemony tang creates a dish that is sure to be enjoyed. Drizzle that beautiful sauce right over the lightly steamed asparagus. Don’t forget the Gouda Smashed Potatoes over to the side which I also drowned in lemon sauce, Yum Yum Yummy is all I have to say.
My kitchen is always a bit of a mess after this dish, but who cares when the end result is this delicious. So, if your looking for a restaurant quality meal to serve your family or impress loved ones, I highly recommend you try this recipe for Crispy Chicken Costeletta today.
A RESTAURANT QUALITY MEAL AT HOME!Print
Crispy Chicken Costoletta with Lemon Sauce
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 4 chicken breast cut horizontally and pounded if needed to 1/4 inch thick
- Zest of 2 Lemons
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Lemon Sauce:
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Start by making the lemon sauce
- Using a medium sized stock pot heat vegetable oil
- Add garlic and cook on low medium heat about 3 minutes
- Add whipping cream and boil till reduced by about a third
- Add Dijon, lemon juice, chicken stock, and salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer for 5 minute
- Remove from heat and add butter
- Cover with lid to keep warm or simmer if needed
- Preheat oven to 200F
- Zest two lemons over a baking sheet and bake zest for about 5 minutes or until dry
- Use three medium bowls
- Fill one bowl with flour pepper and salt
- Fill another with eggs and water and whisk to combine
- Fill the third bowl with zest bread crumbs and parmesan cheese
- Place each cutlet into the flour mixture, then egg mixture and last breading
- Heat olive oil and butter in large pan over medium heat (add more olive oil and butter as needed)
- Cook Chicken on each side about five minutes or until cooked through
- If needed you can keep the chicken warm in oven set at 200F till ready to serve (if making the gouda potatoes or steamed asparagus to go with)
- Serve with generous amount of lemon sauce
- Category: Main Dish
More Delicious Recipes to Try
Trader Joe’s sells an assortment of delicious spring rolls. This review for Chicken Spring Rolls includes my families honest review, […]
We’re taking 3 Trader Joe’s items and transforming them into a Wonton Soup that will warm your soul. 25 minutes […]
This review of Trader Joe’s Gyoza Potstickers is long overdue. These perfectly filled dumplings with meat (pork or chicken) and […]
The most under talked about item at Trader Joe’s! Are you in search of a tantalizing dip to please a […]
Are you in need of an insanely delicious meal ready in just 25 minutes? Trader Joe’s Mandarin Orange Chicken is […]
This recipe is not your typical Chicken Patties. The delectable patties are packed with zucchini which aids in the most […]
PHENOMENAL Chicken Scallion Ginger Meatballs with luscious Garlic Lemon Cream Sauce The past couple of months have been very stressful […]
Indulge with SWEET potatoes, SPICY chicken and TANGY broccoli. The perfect meal prep trio to please your taste buds! Meal […]
Bacon, Cheddar, Ranch and Chicken, the craze that is currently sweeping across dinner tables everywhere! This Bacon Cheddar Ranch Meatball […]
These gluten free chicken nuggets are a must try! O.k. Mama’s this is a impromptu gluten free chicken nuggets post […]
Ranch dressing, I think the culinary world would be a much sadder place with out you. It pairs great with […]
In search for a chicken recipe that is simple and delicious? Look no further because this is one easy peasy recipe my family […]
Looking forward to trying this recipe.
Hope you enjoy 🙂
Does it have to be olive oil to cook the chicken? Or can it be regular vegetable oil?
David, Vegetable oil works great too 🙂
Can the sauce be made ahead? I want to prepare this dish for our large family gathering, but only have a limited time between when we’ll return home from church & when I need to serve the food.
Amanda, I don’t see why not, I reheat mine with leftovers and it taste great!
Thanks! I’m looking forward to making & serving this!
Have you tried making the sauce with milk instead of whipping cream? Would it still come out OK?
Amanda I have not, I would assume it would work just fine though.
Just had to say… Yum yum yum!
This had always been my favorite at “The Factory” and now it’s my favorite at home. Thanks so much.
Thanks for writing Denise, Happy to hear you enjoyed the recipe 🙂
One of my favorites from the Cheesecake Factory. Great recipe! The whole family loved it.
I made this for my sister on her birthday because she loves it at Cheesecake Factory and she loved it at home too. Great recipe!