Mouth watering Zesty Taco Burger Recipe
A perfect Sunday for many sports lovers typically involves their favorite sports team and favorite game day foods. This recipe is something to help change up your usual game day burgers and cause a reaction of cheers and screams. I can’t guaranty it will make your family and friends less cranky if their team losses, but it won’t hurt to try.
What happens when Tacos and Burgers collide
This patty recipe reminds me of everything we all already love about tacos made into a delicious burger, with a sauce that delivers a punch of flavor and spice. For that beautiful zesty sauce use your favorite taco seasoning of choice mixed with sour cream, but if you are looking for a taco seasoning that will really wow your taste buds use Mamma Mia’s Beer Taco seasoning mix by the original Seefurth family. Just click on the link to purchase or find a local store where you can buy this perfect blend of seasonings. I originally found this taco seasoning at my local Whole Foods grocery store.
The best crowd pleasing Taco Burgers recipe Below
This damn delicious Taco Burger has tons of black beans and cheddar combined right into the delicious patties. For the toppings, add lettuce, tomato and finished off with that zesty taco sauce that you made.
The perfect patty, simple toppings, zesty sauce and a perfect bun sounds like my kind of Taco Burger whether it’s game day or not!
For indoor grilling I love to use my Breville Panini GrillPrint
- 1 pound of ground Beef, Chicken or Turkey
- 3 tablespoons of bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup cooked black beans or from can rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Zesty Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 teaspoons of Mamma Mia, beer taco seasoning mix (or favorite taco seasoning)
- Mix in large mixing bowl all the ingredients for the burger, careful not to over mix
- Form patties slightly bigger than the buns your using
- Use outdoor grill, grill pan or my favorite the Breville Panini press and grill
- Cook until cooked all the way through or internal temp around 165F recommended for turkey
- Let burgers rest while you prepare lettuce and tomato
- Finally the sauce, mix sour cream and seasoning (add more seasoning to desired taste), you may double the recipe if you plan on using the sauce generously
- Assemble burgers and enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish