Everyone loves simplicity and most people love chicken, this Marinade Grilled Chicken is a quick and simple meal that I’m sure many of you will love. There are lots of flavors in food that a person tends to prefer, I always gravitate towards anything lemon. Lemon is that bold powerful flavor that has many health benefits and is a fruit that should be loved daily. On chicken, lemon adds that pop of flavor that poultry can sometimes lack if not seasoned properly. People also prefer certain seasonings over others, I love oregano in the right dose. By adding oregano to lemon this chicken dish has a beautiful balance of tang and spice.
This simple marinade grilled chicken is great with multiple sides, whether serving with rice, potato salad, other grilled meats or over a nice salad with some beautiful feta cheese. Make sure to marinade the chicken a minimum of three hours and a maximum of eight for optimal flavor.
I use this fabulous indoor grill for those unpredictable rainy days…
- 1.5 pounds of chicken breast or split chicken breast
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1.5–2 lemons squeezed
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In small bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade
- Halve the chicken breast horizontally or skip this step if using split chicken breast
- Place chicken in large zip lock bag and pour over marinade
- Refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours and max of 8 hours
- Grill on medium heat about 4-5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in middle
- Category: Main Dish