These Frozen Greek Yogurt Drops are a simple, quick and delicious snack that my toddler absolutely loved, he called it candy to be exact!
Maxwell’s health is going to be an uphill battle, some days are just harder than others. The mornings can be filled with laughter, dancing and running while the afternoon is spent consoling him as he cries for hours. The hardest part is not being able to do anything for him during that time. The game changer in the day seems to be his nap, on occasion he wakes up fine, but most of the time he is an emotional wreck. Seizure activity is more common during sleep and this is probably why. He has had significant improvement with decreased seizure activity, but not completley eradicated like I would hope.
A healthy gut and diet is vital in improving overall health and happiness. I’ve been increasing Maxwell’s natural probiotics with foods like greek yogurt while lowering sugar and carbohydrate intake when possible. Today I decided to make him a healthy treat out of something he already loves, greek yogurt. Positive experiences with healthy foods will greatly impact his health now and later in life, so when I saw this idea on Pinterest I knew it was a must try. This was a Pinterest Win!!! As we know so many things we see on Pinterest can be a total failure, but I just love all the creativity and new exciting things Pinterest has done for everyday life.
I love using the Trader Joe’s Greek Strawberry Vanilla Yogurt for a slightly sweet, but tangy treat.
- Greek yogurt or favorite yogurt (recommending Trader Joe’s Greek Strawberry vanilla yogurt)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Plastic zip bag or squeeze bottle
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Either, spoon into a plastic zip bag the yogurt and make a small slit on one end to squeeze the drops out or use a squeeze bottle
- Freeze for a minimum of 45 minutes, but preferably 2 hours
- Serve immediately after removing from freezer
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Kids Food